Nos tail gate weather strip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
They're not even a very good design, but they do work well to hold crud in the jamb

nuckin futs!

Did list for a little over $80 in 1990, though, so it's only about double accounting for inflation.

Somebody will buy it.

Last edited:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Way, way over priced. I think some of the later mini van weatherstrips are a much better design....plus they don't hold the amount of accumulated crud that the OEM weatherstrip seals do. ...and they seal better as well.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I believe it's way high also. I am using a dodge caravan hatch seal, trimmed to fit. It works great.

I knew these weren't available, so when I did the bodywork, I finished the tailgate and hatch glass area real nice since you see more of it without the factory seal.

Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm actually using an OEM seal that came out of a clean junker years ago when these cars were plentiful at the junkyard. It;s alright, but honestly, I like the new style weather strips much better. I'll probably go back to using a minivan seal.

Reactions: 1 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I believe it's way high also. I am using a dodge caravan hatch seal, trimmed to fit. It works great.

I knew these weren't available, so when I did the bodywork, I finished the tailgate and hatch glass area real nice since you see more of it without the factory seal.
What do you have for the seal on the tailgate where the glass meets the tailgate? Mines functional, but could use a better one .

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

You're right, Jim.
They made the original seal with an extra flap to conceal part of the channel. The extra flap is what causes the buildup of leaves and dirt, which then causes rust...that dirty word.

Reactions: 2 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
What do you have for the seal on the tailgate where the glass meets the tailgate? Mines functional, but could use a better one .
I had 3 old factory seals, only one was useable. So I cleaned it up and that's what I'm using. Its presentable.

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
They're not even a very good design, but they do work well to hold crud in the jamb

nuckin futs!

Did list for a little over $80 in 1990, though, so it's only about double accounting for inflation.

Somebody will buy it.

Already sold. I just checked

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor