Nova front end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

85grandprix

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2017
I agree, the Overhaulin' Camino just doesn't do it for me. This car with the body finished should look really trick. I too like the way it flows.
I was excited when i saw that they where going to overhaul a gbody but once it was done i wasn't so impressed..some of the things they did us ordinary car guys could've done. I definitely think they picked the wrong front clip.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
All I can say is it's better than those gawdawful Lumina, Studebaker, and Camaro noses, but that isn't saying much.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
After looking at it more, I like it. Something about the bumper looks out of place though. If I was building it I'd do something different with it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
That side marker throws it all in the trash. Should have filled it- way too high.

He can save it by doing a stripe down the the side at the marker line, but you are right, he should have filled it in.

pj0616-245320_3.jpg

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I just blew up the pics,as a bodyman I'm impressed with the fab work he's done. Like making a header panel out of the Nova hood, and cutting so far into the fenders to make the Elco hood fit. The top of a Nova fender is about 6" wide. He's only got about an inch of that left. My hat's off to the fabricator of that project.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
If he was going to go old school, should have gone 66/67 Chevelle/Camino front...similar look at the outside of the grille, and would at least belong in the family.

Brings to mind somebody's sig line on here or MR...something about not making a wrench out of wood just because you have the wood. I kind of think that's what happened here.....crashed Camino, Nova sedan out in the weeds, a few cases of beer and....voila'

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I was excited when i saw that they where going to overhaul a gbody but once it was done i wasn't so impressed..some of the things they did us ordinary car guys could've done. I definitely think they picked the wrong front clip.
I couldn't agree with you more. I was expecting something radical, but nice coming out of the Overhaulin' shop. I was also unimpressed with the first gen Camaro nose and what they did to the rear of the car. Again, it's different, but not to my liking.
Personally, I think the Camino with the Nova nose is more creative than that car. I can appreciate the amount of metal work and fabrication that went into it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor