NVU TECH FORUM- anything gauge related please ask!

Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
For those of you who are wondering about a Pontiac package; I'm looking forward to receiving a kick a*s set of gauges.
Lets see some pictures

New Vintage USA

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Supporting Vendor
Silver
Oct 3, 2017
DETROIT
www.newvintageusa.com
Lets see some pictures
As soon as we have something concrete we will start posting the progress, probably in a few weeks. We are currently wrapping up a big project that everyone will see the results of soon as well.
Thanks.

Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
As soon as we have something concrete we will start posting the progress, probably in a few weeks. We are currently wrapping up a big project that everyone will see the results of soon as well.
Thanks.
Sorry, my comment was directed to 383-GrandPrix since he said he dropped off his dash to you guys at the end of October to get the Pontiac Package he must have it back by now but never posted pictures.

New Vintage USA

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Supporting Vendor
Silver
Oct 3, 2017
DETROIT
www.newvintageusa.com
Sorry, my comment was directed to 383-GrandPrix since he said he dropped off his dash to you guys at the end of October to get the Pontiac Package he must have it back by now but never posted pictures.
Yeah, thats what I am talking about too, we started on it but are consumed with a big project right now, as soon as that project is complete we will be picking it up again in a few weeks.

383_GrandPrix

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
I haven't gotten anything back yet, I actually sent an E-mail the other day asking about the progress.

New Vintage USA

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Supporting Vendor
Silver
Oct 3, 2017
DETROIT
www.newvintageusa.com
I haven't gotten anything back yet, I actually sent an E-mail the other day asking about the progress.
We started on it but are consumed with a big project right now, as soon as that project is complete we will be picking it up again in a few weeks.

If you can check your email to see to whom you sent the mail to and on what day I will make sure corrective action is taken and the person gets back with you. We have a 100% response policy, and if someone did not return your email, there really is not any excuse for that.

Thanks

383_GrandPrix

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2016
Quebec, Canada
We started on it but are consumed with a big project right now, as soon as that project is complete we will be picking it up again in a few weeks.

If you can check your email to see to whom you sent the mail to and on what day I will make sure corrective action is taken and the person gets back with you. We have a 100% response policy, and if someone did not return your email, there really is not any excuse for that.

Thanks
I completely understand, I'm in no rush. I was just wondering if you guys had any pictures of the progress so far. I know you guys make great stuff and I'm excited to see the finished product.

I sent the E-mail on Saturday so I knew there wouldn't be a reply until maybe today but more likely tomorrow. I sent it to [email protected]

New Vintage USA

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Supporting Vendor
Silver
Oct 3, 2017
DETROIT
www.newvintageusa.com
I completely understand, I'm in no rush. I was just wondering if you guys had any pictures of the progress so far. I know you guys make great stuff and I'm excited to see the finished product.

I sent the E-mail on Saturday so I knew there wouldn't be a reply until maybe today but more likely tomorrow. I sent it to [email protected]
OK cool I thought it was during the week. Stay tuned...

ElJoemino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 8, 2017
Well I just seen your gauges and they are very cool.. I do have a question about another brand.. I bought a cluster set from glowshift for my 86 El Camino with a TH350C.. And the GM speedometer converter from cable to wires.. I was wondering what I needed to do for the stock VSS that was on the back of speedometer and goes to the ecm. I guess this is for the cruise control but not sure?

New Vintage USA

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Supporting Vendor
Silver
Oct 3, 2017
DETROIT
www.newvintageusa.com
Well I just seen your gauges and they are very cool.. I do have a question about another brand.. I bought a cluster set from glowshift for my 86 El Camino with a TH350C.. And the GM speedometer converter from cable to wires.. I was wondering what I needed to do for the stock VSS that was on the back of speedometer and goes to the ecm. I guess this is for the cruise control but not sure?
The screw on types will not be able to send a speed signal to the PCM. The stock reluctor wheel speed sender usually outputs a 40,000 PPM (Pulses Per Mile) AC sinewave signal. The screw on style outputs a 16,000 or 8,000 PPM square wave (3-wire) or AC sinewave signal. The PCM needs 40,000 PPM to function correctly. The 2 wire might work at higher speeds but a 3 wire definately will not work. Usually you leave the stock sender/tailshaft and send a signal to the PCM and then read speed directly from the PCM.
The stock VSS is for cruise, shift points and engine calibrations, maybe not so much on an 86 though.