nz elcamino

Status
Not open for further replies.

tellboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2018
newzealand
xmas greetings , havent posted since sept, but just been chippen away on the camino when ive got time. Got the underside pretty much finished and starting on the interior. I have enclosed a few photos just to show off, hows this for a mint oridginal floor- which i have since covered with sound deading, plus was thinking of filling those inner body rails with expanding foam.
Everything one needs for a project like this has to come out of the states which doubles the cost,but i did purchase an A body exhuast kit from a speed shop here and adapted to suit-plus answered my own question i had earlier about the co2 sencor which i have now fitted into the collector of the dr side header.
cheers and Happy new year-Terry

Attachments

• P1020171.JPG
    P1020171.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 106
  • P1020172.JPG
    P1020172.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 107
  • P1020175.JPG
    P1020175.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 99
  • P1020122.JPG
    P1020122.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 93
  • P1020124.JPG
    P1020124.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: 1 user

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
Looks good! I would stay away from the expanding foam, it traps moisture and generates rust. Several manufacturers learned this the hard way. Ask Alfa Romeo how well that worked on the Alfasud in the 70's. Most were rotten away even in dry climate after less then 5 yrs.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

tellboy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2018
newzealand
Looks good! I would stay away from the expanding foam, it traps moisture and generates rust. Several manufacturers learned this the hard way. Ask Alfa Romeo how well that worked on the Alfasud in the 70's. Most were rotten away even in dry climate after less then 5 yrs.
Good call,its just that i noticed they are doing this to the new dodge ghallengers, but we do get a lot of rain, so yeah good call, thanx

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor