odd question on rally gauges for 84 cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
My cutlass was originally a 3.8 6 cylinder car. long sweep speedometer. all factory ecm and under hood wiring not absolutely needed was gutted except for headlights, starter, and alternator many years ago. could i change out to the factory rally guages and run my own wiring out to tach, oil/water/sending units and not sure how voltage guage would hook up.
I think the speedometer cable would be plug and play but dont know for sure. Has anybody tried this to make a rally gauge set work and be accurate. new sending units from the parts store and some wiring shouldnt be to hard unles the car requires the ecm to work.
I dont have an engine in the car yet but am just thinking ahead if this would be possible.
thanks

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
That is awesome. it doesnt look like it goes through the ecm so I can start tracking down whats needed to do this swap in the spring. Thank You

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
I have a 350 Chevy to put in mine but I was looking at running wires from sending units to gauges directly since all factory wiring was cut out. But after pricing some of those clusters I might just leave it alone and add gauges. I had a rally cluster with it when I sold the car 18 years ago but the kid that had it pitched it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor