OEM floor shifter '86 Monte Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty0015

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 22, 2022
Calgary Ab
Hello,

Does anyone know the thread size for the original OEM floor shifter? Anyone me lead to somewhere I can find that info. I just want to change the shifter knob.

Supa.Slo.SS

Apprentice
Aug 7, 2020
CA
If I understand your question correctly, for the knob to come off (it's not threaded on MC's) there is a U-shaped clip that is pushed in from the back of the knob that you have to slide out. Drop the shifter all the way down & poke your head between the stereo & shifter & you should be able to see it. Sometimes the clip has a small rectangular cover.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Rusty0015

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 22, 2022
Calgary Ab
If I understand your question correctly, for the knob to come off (it's not threaded on MC's) there is a U-shaped clip that is pushed in from the back of the knob that you have to slide out. Drop the shifter all the way down & poke your head between the stereo & shifter & you should be able to see it. Sometimes the clip has a small rectangular cover.
Thank you for replying but the old shifter knob is already off. You did however answer my question in that the plastic piece is not threaded but has a u shape on each end.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor