OEM interior paint color help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bent1973

Apprentice
Jul 18, 2014
DFW
Hello everyone. I'm trying to match or get as close as possible to the color in the picture. I had some broken pieces in the cluster and found a new one but I am unable to find the right color to match paint. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I've tried all the local stores but no luck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,488

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
As 88hurstolds info shows, you should need camel color.

Avalible interior colors in 1980 for the Malibu were black, blue, camel, claret, green, and oyster.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
bent1973 said:
Much appreciated, thank you. I'll begin the hunt for it.
You are probably not going to find it in a dye, you can't just use any paint.
You need a paint with adhesion promoter or dye.
There are probably close matches out there with Duplicolor, the GM code is Dark Camel Tan 62.

Not sure if Gbodyparts has it but I think the owner is in jail so getting something from them might not be possible.
http://realoldspower.prophpbb.com/topic6989.html

You can take the codes I gave you and go to any local paint shop and they can mix you up a spray can.

I tried paintscratch.com and wound up with a bad batch.
After doing an internet search I found a bunch of displeased customers.
I contacted their customer service and it was an automated phone call, I left a message and a new can arrived 10 days later after filing a PayPal dispute, I have not tried it...

Champ2014

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 27, 2013
88hurstolds said:
bent1973 said:
Much appreciated, thank you. I'll begin the hunt for it.
You are probably not going to find it in a dye, you can't just use any paint.
You need a paint with adhesion promoter or dye.
There are probably close matches out there with Duplicolor, the GM code is Dark Camel Tan 62.

Not sure if Gbodyparts has it but I think the owner is in jail so getting something from them might not be possible.
http://realoldspower.prophpbb.com/topic6989.html

You can take the codes I gave you and go to any local paint shop and they can mix you up a spray can.

I tried paintscratch.com and wound up with a bad batch.
After doing an internet search I found a bunch of displeased customers.
I contacted their customer service and it was an automated phone call, I left a message and a new can arrived 10 days later after filing a PayPal dispute, I have not tried it...

The owner is in jail??????

bent1973

Apprentice
Jul 18, 2014
DFW
I wound up going with the NPD paint, It's been too cold to try it out but the color came back as Dark Camel Tan, part #c-vp9565 for a 1978-80 Camaro. Hopefully it will be pretty close. It's made by SEM, Universal Color Coat flexible coating. Says it changes or renews color on most plastics, carpet, vinyl & velour. We shall see.

As far as the guy being in jail, I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor