Off brand company brake problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I finished the front brakes of my Blazer swap, I bought better pads than what came with the kit for front and rear. Now when I get to the rear it turns out the Blazer pads are bigger than what the caliper takes. The calipers are a brand I’ve never heard of and can’t find online to figure out whats up. The only markings on them is POR > 4261-444 and 15D12 they are from Australia. Any help figuring out what the F___ I have would be GREATLY appreciated

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
are you talking about the pads that came with the kit for the pads you bought?....:unsure:

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
The pads I bought, I double checked. They’re PowerStop Evolution Sport #Z23-729

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Definitely need more info. What is this rear disc conversion? Where did it come from? From a Blazer? Or is it a kit you bought?

If it's a kit, just post a pic of the pads that came with it. Better yet, post a few pics of the caliper, I can figure it out from there. Sometimes pads look the same but don't fit, so a pic of the caliper would be best

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
It’s the Blazer brake conversion I bought partially used and new parts. The front went together fine, spindles and all. I need to know about these off brand Australian rear calipers

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Do the calipers look like this?

61bF4ks401L._SX425_.jpg

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Then those aren't blazer calipers. Got a link to where you got these?

Otherwise we'll need pics. I do this all the time for guys up here that buy a car already converted but don't know what conversion kit was used. There's only a handful of applications that are typically used for a rear conversion.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Then those aren't blazer calipers. Got a link to where you got these?

Otherwise we'll need pics. I do this all the time for guys up here that buy a car already converted but don't know what conversion kit was used. There's only a handful of applications that are typically used for a rear conversion.
I bought the kit from Regal 8/Laxrated on here. Contacted them, no reply yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor