Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiac dragger24

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2016
what off set rims do i need to fit a 255/60/15 drag slick into my 1987 grand prix it has all stock suspension i was told 255 will fit but i need a certain offset does anybody know?

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Forget about wheel offset, wheel backspacing should be your primary concern; the max wheel backspacing for most G-bodies without frame notching or spacers is about 4.5". A 255/60/15 sounds like a regular radial tire and isn't really that wide either. I've got 275/60/15 tires on the rear of my '83 Cutlass.

pontiac dragger24

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2016
Forget about wheel offset, wheel backspacing should be your primary concern; the max wheel backspacing for most G-bodies without frame notching or spacers is about 4.5". A 255/60/15 sounds like a regular radial tire and isn't really that wide either. I've got 275/60/15 tires on the rear of my '83 Cutlass.
my buddy has 255 with stock everything and they are rubbing i do not want this to happen what do i need to put my wheel a bit out from my frame offset? or backspace?

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
An 8" or 9" wide wheel with 4.5" backspacing. Summit Racing and Jegs offer a wide variety of them.
What does your buddy have? What condition is your buddy's suspension in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor