oil pan and motor mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2020
i have an 84 el caminoand an lq4 6.0/th350. i already have a f body oil pan on the engine wondering if anybody has used that oil pan with success and what motor mounts were used and did it clear the firewall? any info appreciated thanks

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
The f body oil pan hits the frame cross member. You can notch it, its been done, but swapping to a different pan is usually a better option.

The go to pans are usually the Holley 302-2, or the CTS-V. There is a new cheap pan that a place called TSP makes that is a clone of the holley for $75-100 cheaper.

ksracer77

n00b
Jan 23, 2015
I'm glad I found this post, because I just ordered a TSP 81073 and it's similar in depth, but it's not a clone. The area between the front bolt holes is buldged out on the TSP and on a Holley it's narrower and rounded off. A guy on FB told me his TSP didn't work with Holley mounts and looking at pics even the Holley pan looks tight. Do you have any pics of your combo Burning?
Screenshot_20200915-175709~3.png
Screenshot_20200915-234053.png

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
I'm glad I found this post, because I just ordered a TSP 81073 and it's similar in depth, but it's not a clone. The area between the front bolt holes is buldged out on the TSP and on a Holley it's narrower and rounded off. A guy on FB told me his TSP didn't work with Holley mounts and looking at pics even the Holley pan looks tight. Do you have any pics of your combo Burning? View attachment 157306 View attachment 157307

I’ll get you some pictures tonight

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
I'm glad I found this post, because I just ordered a TSP 81073 and it's similar in depth, but it's not a clone. The area between the front bolt holes is buldged out on the TSP and on a Holley it's narrower and rounded off. A guy on FB told me his TSP didn't work with Holley mounts and looking at pics even the Holley pan looks tight. Do you have any pics of your combo Burning? View attachment 157306 View attachment 157307

So I just tried to set the motor in, I should have specified that I haven’t set the motor in the car with it. It is literally hitting by 1/2” with Holley mounts. It works fine with the ICT billet mounts.
I just switched to the Holley ones.
I’ll be ordering the Holley white box one now and seeing if that one is a good solution.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Apr 8, 2020
whats your guys opinion on the cts-v pan its $330 from psi conversions and even comes with dipstick and tube?

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
whats your guys opinion on the cts-v pan its $330 from psi conversions and even comes with dipstick and tube?

I can get you in contact with someone who can get you a 302-2 pan for $326 add PayPal fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor