oil pan clearence

Status
Not open for further replies.

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
getting everything ready to install my sbc into the 81 malibu and saw a potential problem that might come up as it did on my 70 chevelle years ago. i have what they called a cheater circle track oil pan installed.i'm sure some of you guys have seen these. they are set up with a nice tray and scraper installed in the pan and look like a stock pan hence the word cheater. i was wondering if this pan will hit the crossmember and not fit well. i had a bbc in my 70 years ago and installed what looked like a stock oil pan but was not and it hit the crossmember and i had to remove it while hanging on the chain. this is a nice pan and appears to look like stock. if it won't fit it would be easier to change on the engine stand than the chain hoist. i have the old motor out back in a cart and push comes to shove i can compare them for a somewhat fit. thanks.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
I have used a cheater pan w/ kick-out in my G body w/o a problem - I assume you have the one for a g -body

IMG_4688.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Might ask the supplier if it will work in a metric chassis dirt car with stock mounts?

A pic goes a LONG way.

Chevelle and G-body (in my experience) require the Big Block oil pan with the dents to clear the inner tie rods, that's the easiest way to describe it.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor