Oil pan gasket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Does the oil pan just drop out once unbolted? Or are their other things in the way I need to remove? Been thinking about putting on a new gasket

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I would clean the engine first to see where it is leaking from. It could be the bolts on the pan need to be tightened or it could be the valve covers are leaving and running down the engine. Personally I don't trust shops to do what they need to do.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
I would clean the engine first to see where it is leaking from. It could be the bolts on the pan need to be tightened or it could be the valve covers are leaving and running down the engine. Personally I don't trust shops to do what they need to do.
I will check the covers when I get home. I usually try to do things myself. But If I think I will struggle or get stuck in a bind, I will bring it somewhere. I been doing alot so far to the car, don't want to struggle anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor