Oil pan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MY6.2SS

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2020
Hello, new to the group.
I did look for the answer to the question that I am about to ask. Had no luck.
I built a 6.0 for my S10 and sold that truck yesterday. So now I am putting it in my 85SS. The oil pan that
is on my 6.0 is the ....."GM Muscle Car Oil Pan Kit (P/N 19212593). This is also the same oil pan used on LH8 V8 equipped Hummer H3 Alpha’s and Colorado’s."
Will this pan work, if so what mounts do I need to get. If not what is the best pan and mounts to get?
Thanks fro your time and help, David

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
That's the pan I have in my car. It still hangs below the cross member but it's not bad enough to keep me up at night. It's been in there for 5 years now. If your car is lowered or you want to move in that direction then I would get something with more clearance. Mine is at stock ride height and it works fine. As far as mounts go, I assembled both halves and put them on the engine. Set it down in the car, moved the powertrain to where it worked, welded the lowers down. I could have marked the frame and drilled it but that would have taken an extra hour of my life away.

Reactions: 4 users

MY6.2SS

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2020
That's the pan I have in my car. It still hangs below the cross member but it's not bad enough to keep me up at night. It's been in there for 5 years now. If your car is lowered or you want to move in that direction then I would get something with more clearance. Mine is at stock ride height and it works fine. As far as mounts go, I assembled both halves and put them on the engine. Set it down in the car, moved the powertrain to where it worked, welded the lowers down. I could have marked the frame and drilled it but that would have taken an extra hour of my life away.
Thanks for your help.

Reactions: 1 users

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
I used an gen1 CTSV oil pan on mine

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I'm using a stock SUV pan from a Gen4 - hangs down about an 1" below the crossmember. I'm with LQ4, I'm not lowering the car and I'm not loosing any sleep over it. If you want the best setup, then use the Holley pan. The issue with the Holley pan is the do re mi AFAIC. Holley pan - about $300, stock SUV pan - free.

Free is for me

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
BTW, the one I posted above, is actually sold and delivered by Holley out of Kentucky but comes in a plain white box. It is powdercoated black and has all the associated hardware and everything.

Reactions: 4 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
BTW, the one I posted above, is actually sold and delivered by Holley out of Kentucky but comes in a plain white box. It is powdercoated black and has all the associated hardware and everything.
This says it's good for a 4.25 stroke so it's going to be very close to cross member. My pan is for stock stroke and it's got clearance but not much.
Just an FYI unless someone has run it without issues. Darn good deal though

Reactions: 1 user

gearheaddrew

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2019
Bay City MI
After reading a ton of other build threads this is what I ordered.

CTSV pan
Spohn frame mounts
F body LS engine side mounts
G-force crossmember for 4l60e

Depends on if you plan on using AC, want to run the stock truck AC pump, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor