Oil sending unit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDR89

Apprentice
Jul 25, 2020
Manassas, VA
Quick question guys (or ladies of course)
My 86 GP did not have the 4 pack of guages originally. I bought a used set. The oil sending unit has 2 connections wired already so I need an aftermarket sending unit with 4 wires.

Am I right on that?

Thanks for any tips.

Harv

Malihoochie-

Apprentice
May 14, 2020
Detroit area
Quick question guys (or ladies of course)
My 86 GP did not have the 4 pack of guages originally. I bought a used set. The oil sending unit has 2 connections wired already so I need an aftermarket sending unit with 4 wires.

Am I right on that?

Thanks for any tips.

Harv
No sir, you need the correct oil psi sending unit for the rally pac or whatever Pontiac called the gauge package, and you'll probably need to relocate the wires in the plug in connector. I know you can find what you need if you search for Olds rally pack, etc.

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
I put factory gauges in my Bonneville. You need to get the proper sending unit. The sending unit only receives one wire. The other wire is probably for your electric choke.
I simply cut the factory end off and ran one wire to the sending unit and the other to the choke.

timo22

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor