Oil Separator/ Catch Can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I agree. Terrifying and dramatic pictures of oil/water/contamination separation.............
it is happening 100% of the time in an internal combustion engine and you either..........

hell, what’s the point of continuing? :popcorn::popcorn:
It isn't a big deal for most of OUR engines. But direct injection is because there is no gasoline (which is an excellent solvent) spraying on intake valves.
I will tell you that the truck manifold that I took off the 6.0 was loaded with black oil. Can't be good for much

Lilmac

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 20, 2017
Mass
It isn't a big deal for most of OUR engines. But direct injection is because there is no gasoline (which is an excellent solvent) spraying on intake valves.
I will tell you that the truck manifold that I took off the 6.0 was loaded with black oil. Can't be good for much
I plan on doing one on the ditry side and one on the clean side. You can always add a check valve but this is how I've seen them plumbed. closed-system-diagram.png open-system-catch-cans.png

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor