MALIBU Ok after 4 months owning here it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I have owned the car now since end of January and couldn't bring myself to show it to anyone. The car previously had 325/50-15 tires on the rear with station wagon springs and tires out of the wheel wells, and tiny tires on the front stretched onto 8-9" wheels. I pulled the wheels and sold them and started doing all the brakes over. New master, new hoses, rotors, drums, wheel cylinders, backing plates, wheel bearings, and springs. I had bought the wheels and was waiting to get the tires until all the brake bleeding was done. Its a 229 V6 bucket seat, AC car. Mostly stock and untouched so it may be a nice project to put a v8 in some day. Unfortunately the fuel pump has an oil leak that is coming out between the 2 halves of the pump while its running so that is being changed now. But I did drive it 20 miles with the oil pump dripping so I could finally see if it all works. So here it is finally out of the garage after sitting on stands for 3 of the last 4 months in a condition that I am willing to share.

malibu_zpsc4ltulsb.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 21 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Now that's nice looking. You can't go wrong with the old ralleys on a Chevy

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That is one sweet looking Malibu. You could never go wrong with a set of rallyes.
Thanks for posting the pic. (y)

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I have this funny feeling... what do you call it? Oh yeah! Envy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor