Ok who has done something as silly as me????

Status
Not open for further replies.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
My car has had a dash squeak for several months, and I've put off looking for it since it seemed to be up in the dash. Yesterday I drove the car and leaned on the console just the right way and noticed it move. So it had me thinking to take the console out and see what I could find. Well sure enough it was cracked at some screw holes, missing other screws etc. I put it all back together and man was that console tight and stiff.

Now for the downside, I went to drive the car to work today at 5:30 am. Go to put my seatbelt on, and the receiver was GONE. I managed to put the console in getting both driver and passenger seatbelt buckles stuck inside the console!!!!! Guess I'll be taking it apart again tonight. But the upside is no squeaks!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Hopefully adding the seatbelt being under the console isn't what made the squeak go away. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Hopefully adding the seatbelt being under the console isn't what made the squeak go away. ;)
I was thinking the same thing.

Worst case, shim the console if it squeaks after removing the seat belt ends.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I was thinking the same thing.

Worst case, shim the console if it squeaks after removing the seat belt ends.
Trust me so was I. Only thing I hope is that the back of the console wasn't squeaking and the squeak was up front under the dash. I can build 8 second race cars, but didn't notice the stupid seat belt in there!!!!!

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
I would venture a guess that everyone who works on cars has done something similar and had a do-over- left out a screw, bushing, shim, pinched a wire, forgot a plug- something. Me, so often I don't think enough of it to even remember what they were!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor