Old style power lock relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
Also second warning I found after that post don’t bend the lid open like I did because as soon as you try to bend it back the ground strap breaks [emoji2959]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
Ok results time! Reinstalled and as crazy as it sounds it works [emoji16] hopefully for a long time [emoji2369]

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Did you ENSURE you're getting power to the relay blue wire in??? In other words, do you have continuity in the lock circuit? Just throwing spaghetti. Not saying the lock side of the relay isn't toast, but if that wire is fubar, you'll never get that lock solenoid to go.

Well found the problem with my relay it seems somehow the windings of the relay that is connected to I believe the input signal of the lock broke the connection the copper wire broke somehow so I’m thinking if I can reconnect it my relay will be good to go.

Hopefully I am right we shall see

What do I win? :)

Ok, it wasn't exactly the issue, but I was on the hot track.

Glad to see you get it fixed for the cost of some electricity and solder.

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
Well you see funny story I didn’t solder it I literally just wrapped it around and then wrapped it around itself and will hope and pray maybe once I can afford better solder equipment and learn to do it better I’ll fix it

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Soldering is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Sounds like you're trying to melt the solder onto the wire. Need to do it the other way around. Check this out and compare it to what your method is.

Stupidquestionspro

Master Mechanic
May 23, 2019
Tampa Bay Area
Thanks I’ll have to look at that

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor