olds 307 sensors Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

84 delta 88

Apprentice
Feb 15, 2015
Hello i need some help identifying this sensor its on the front drivers side of the intake next to the cruise control bracket i think the sensor is ok but the wireing pigtail that is connected to it is broken and was put back together with what looks like play dough and the wires are bare, i have tried to find it online with no luck. any help will be greatly apreciated (i have Attatched pictures of the sensor and connector)
20150211_165325.jpg
20150215_122215.jpg
20150211_165311.jpg

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
That looks like the temp sensor for the ECM. I would replace the sensor along with the connector just for cheap insurance.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
rockauto.com is ok but don't get replacement from auto zone their sensors did not work for my 307 project. I found used at the junkyard off a Buick Riviera w 307 and hardwired it in never had problem again but it is getting hard to find 307 that isnt picked bare most places

turboaudi

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 27, 2013
upstate NY
that is the coolant temp sensor you can use the newer style sensor just order a cts for a 91 chevy 1500 truck with a 5.7 engine also order the pigtail for the sensor & splice it in much better connector & better availability of the newer sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor