Olds 455 for sale on FB for $1,100

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I saw this and figured I would post it for anyone interested. I have no idea what value Olds parts have.
Standard bore block, includes rotating assembly. 1968 F casting 455 block, auto crank. All standard. Needs rebuilt. $900 worth of new Parts included, they are new speed pro matched set 30 over pistons and Sealed power rings. New Clevite 77 main bearings, rod bearings 30 over new cam bearings, Cloyes roller timing set, partial gasket set needs head gaskets and intake seals. 8 new Bosch platinum spark plugs. C cast heads big valve with valve train except 1 spring retainer and keeper. 1967 Olds 390390 D1 E cast 4 barrel intake. No cam, no timing cover. Valve covers included as is oil pan. This has been sitting in my garage for 10 years. It's time for someone else to put together. I will ship freight or you can pick it up in Toledo, Ohio. I have a timing cover push rods and a valve spring if you need one to make this complete. More details? just DM me.

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
C big-valve (2.07 intakes) heads are arguably one of the best flowing stock heads for Olds. Being that it's a standard bore and new oversized pistons included means a 30 thou boring to clean it up and use the pistons is very do-able.

Assuming all the work done to it so far was done right, It will likely need a little more money put into it from the description to make it whole, but for likely some labor, parts searching/buying, and a little machine work and I'm guessing you could have a strong running street 455 fresh to go for <2K. Which you cannot beat for that price. Cutting that crank 30 thou if I read it right about the rod bearings may not be the most ideal for performance, but definitely streetable.

Worth picking up, not sure about shipping. But Olds 455s aren't growing on trees anymore, either.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Link is no longer working. Probably sold

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor