Olds 455 Motor Mount Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevytruc1658

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2011
North Bend, Washington
Hey everyone, I tried searching past posts but could not seem to find anything that would answer my question. I am swapping in a Olds 455 into My 87 Cutlass, the engine has just over 550hp and 680 ft lbs of torque. I am looking for a recommendation on what motor mounts would best fit this application and will handle that torque. I am hesitant about going back to the clamshell style. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
All RWD motor mounts are the same, big and small block from 73 to 90. Most for sale are Anchor brand mounts, which fit like sh*t. Supercars Unlimited has aftermarket mounts that are better quality. I am going that route but will have much less power. How long they will last with that power is the real question.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Honestly with his power levels, a front plate is probably best. The solid mounts put a lot of stress on the block, some go one regular and one solid. Dick Miller Racing and others sell them. The limiter strap may be a good compromise. Not sure why no one has made a significantly better mount.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
My Anchor brand stock replacements fit my mild 408 SBO perfectly-no issues. I like the 1 solid, 1 rubber setup for your combo. A torque strap is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor