Olds cutlass paint code question

Status
Not open for further replies.

11spaceships

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 25, 2016
Soo I have an 85 cutlass supreme, landau top, coupe. I was looking for the exterior and interior color codes and came across this on the service parts tag:

DIS.LACQUER WA-L8592 A8589

I know WA8592 is dark metallic blue and that is correct. Does anyone know what "dis.lacquer", the "L" between WA 8592, and A8589 mean? I tried looking and searching but couldn't figure out what they meant. I attached the service tag in case it helps explain it better.

Attachments

• IMAG0275.jpg
    IMAG0275.jpg
    651.8 KB · Views: 1,201

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
You need the code numbers off of the cowl tag. Those are the correct codes for paint and interior colors. And yes, it will have a L and possible a U in front of the numbers. The next line should be the interior color. If you go on TCP Globals website they have a color library that will give you all the info. If you cant find it post the code numbers and I''ll get the info for you.

11spaceships

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 25, 2016
thanks for the help!

EME_Mack: no it's not two tone. It looks like it had a pinstripe at one point tho.

Mikester: cool I'll check that and let you know if I need more help.

11spaceships

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 25, 2016
Yea will do. Where exactly is the cowl plate located? On the firewall or on the bottom of the hood?

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
The internet is your friend. lol. According to the TCP site youre correct about the color code. On the second page of 1985 GM colors the numbers 8589 mean gold pinstripes. Right before the number are the letters WASL. Also shown for the striped tape is 55A which is the last thing on the third row of your door label.
Im surprised theres no cowl tag under the hood. Are you 100% sure you didnt miss it ? There would be 4 holes in a small area if one was there and for some reason it was removed. Pretty sure the VIN # is also on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor