Olds Cutlass Supreme 1978 from Chile

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnagel

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2013
Santiago Of Chile.
Today i find for my sorprise a olds custom cruiser 1983 with 307and th2004r.

The transmission is fried....only put first gear....

Engine appears to be very original ,come with electronic quadrajet. exist

My question is....exist for th2004r a COMPLETE rebuild kit¿?, exist a shifkit for this transmission¿

307 is a good choice¿?

thanks waldo.

Attachments

• 2017-05-14 17.57.17.jpg
    2017-05-14 17.57.17.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 180
  • 2017-05-14 16.56.43.jpg
    2017-05-14 16.56.43.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 184
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yes, the early 307 has decent power and is reliable. I would change the nylon cam gear with a new timing set as those tend to flake apart. There is complete overhaul kits and the Transgo shift kit with the billet servo works well.

wnagel

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2013
Santiago Of Chile.
I lost this engine because the owner has sale and not wait me......welll.

I have a other question, I would like to import some brake parts, My car come with the master cylinder from picture "orig" ( see attach), but I would like to use the most modern master cylinder , picture "orig2", my car are 1978 , It is possible to remove the original master cylinder and put the most moder without change the brake lines or pipes?

Thanks a lot ....!!

Attachments

• orig2.png
    orig2.png
    156.8 KB · Views: 188
  • orig.png
    orig.png
    132.8 KB · Views: 180

wnagel

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2013
Santiago Of Chile.
Hi,

Someone can recomended a new radiator , Its for street drive and maybe in the future I put a 350 rocket.....I would like to buy some original style radiator....I see a spectrum cooling cu162 , maybe its okey?

Thanks

Waldo

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
That rad will cool okay.

wnagel

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2013
Santiago Of Chile.
Hi!

My 260 engine has a coolant leak in the front corner from intake.....its notoriuous and I pressume the water come to cylinder....and destroy my nasty but work condition engine.....

I have a metal seal intake ( very rare in Chile), someone can help me to remove the intake and put a new seal?

my car really eat my money!!!!

Waldo

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
They are easy enough to replace. The 260 specific Turkey Tray intake gasket is a different part number.
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sour...ggqMAI&usg=AFQjCNFnc7ch8ypbOJy2ft6iDdIzuXOYJg
I used aviation sealant or gaskasinch around the intake ports, not necessary but I do it. What is necessary is RTV around the 4 corner cooling ports, both sides of the gaskets. I also use a tall bead of RTV instead of the supplied rubber end seals. The bead must be a 1/2" tall to seal the end seals on the wide Olds intake manifold.

wnagel

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2013
Santiago Of Chile.
They are easy enough to replace. The 260 specific Turkey Tray intake gasket is a different part number.
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sour...ggqMAI&usg=AFQjCNFnc7ch8ypbOJy2ft6iDdIzuXOYJg
I used aviation sealant or gaskasinch around the intake ports, not necessary but I do it. What is necessary is RTV around the 4 corner cooling ports, both sides of the gaskets. I also use a tall bead of RTV instead of the supplied rubber end seals. The bead must be a 1/2" tall to seal the end seals on the wide Olds intake manifold.

Thanks, I change the intake gasket , but in the midle of intake has a oil leak......very little

The rare situation is... before change the gasket when start the engine the engine has a oil combustion for a little seconds.....Always I pressume has a valve guide seals.....but....now ....has not combustion oil when start........It is possible to leak from intake and go to the cylinder?

Waldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor