Olds early heads late block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Ok olds guys years ago I knew the answer but now not so much. What has to be done to early big block olds heads to run them on a late block. For example if I put B heads on a 455 and I don't mean hardened seats. I remember something about pushrod clearance but I don't remember the fix something like drilling the pushrod holes out in the heads. Please one of you guys remind me.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
My recollection is the early stuff is 45* and newer is 39*. Your B heads will likely need the pushrod slot elongated to work on the later 455 block. Doable but a bit of a hassle.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
My recollection is the early stuff is 45* and newer is 39*. Your B heads will likely need the pushrod slot elongated to work on the later 455 block. Doable but a bit of a hassle.
I thought it was something like that I seem to remember there being a way to drill them larger for clearance I'll have to look into it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor