CUTLASS Olds Graduation Present

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Hello everyone.

Today this post, is about a vehicle I bought as a reward to myself. A bit of read, so scroll down if necessary, as I do talk about the car later on.

Last year, I was working for a company that treated me, so bad I have to seek therapy for it. As as hard as it is to admit as a male- my boss, sexually assaulted me at 27 years old.

What I didn't know, was there was a huge conflict behind the scene with upper management, as they found out about this, being that this wasn't the first time- I later found out she did this to other male employees 🧐😢😢😢

Well, long story short, I barely got out of there. I was devastated, because at the time I was really hoping for a career in the cannabis industry, I lost what I thought was the best gf I could ask for, being she was also from Alberta and had similar mental health issues, and all the coworkers who were my friends- took her side.

One, who was my assistant manager- at the time I had felt was my closest friend in the city, where I live? After I left the company- he ended up sleeping with her- and I became close friends with his ex, as she used to be the PSW that would care of my 103 year old great grandmother.

Well, I had planned even before starting my
job there to go to school. So I had to decide, on what was necessary to make that happen.

And so after I left, that cocksuckin' shitty place they call a store? I chose to sign up for a trade at our local college.

Well, that was half a year ago now 🧐🤣🤣🤣

Because last month I passed my provincial exam, as I want to be working in the HVAC trade, and I am happy to say I can now start being an apprentice as a licensed gas fitter here in Ontario.

So if anyone in the province has their old furnace break down, and needs a tech who will have... a relaxed attitude on regulation, I could offer work if someone will do the same writing a safety on this new project here jk
😜😂😂😂

[----------------------------------------------------------]

Well, the reason why I tell this story, is because I went to school... literally down the road from where this '84 Cutlass Supreme was being sold.

I still days later couldn't believe it, one was for sale near me, and it was exactly the price people were charging for these, when I lived here in 2016.

So, I promised myself- if I passed the required exams to work in the HVAC industry, and can legally do an apprenticeship?

Then I would buy this car.

As my Mother, was willing to help but she made it clear and insisted she was not, enabling said hobbies until I focused on school and finished it.

So that is exactly what I did, as hard it as it was, dealing with the issues at work above and trying to go to school also?

Yeah, it was not easy haha- but if it all didn't work out the way it did- who knows if it would have felt nearly as rewarding still 😎💪💪💪

Attachments

• C07C61C0-CA0B-44E4-8890-F7AC02EC7500.jpeg
    C07C61C0-CA0B-44E4-8890-F7AC02EC7500.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
  • F79A8CFC-0991-469C-A01B-11A695A01D48.jpeg
    F79A8CFC-0991-469C-A01B-11A695A01D48.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 69
  • E9A25617-8B0E-4B6D-BA45-DA3DF3D49BA4.jpeg
    E9A25617-8B0E-4B6D-BA45-DA3DF3D49BA4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
  • 991DFE4D-2E0C-4847-80E1-8EE432D6094B.jpeg
    991DFE4D-2E0C-4847-80E1-8EE432D6094B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
  • 6D63C6C1-7A19-4935-9B19-711B6BF0372F.jpeg
    6D63C6C1-7A19-4935-9B19-711B6BF0372F.jpeg
    731.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Heres the plan.

I bought this, as a daily driver. My Silverado is a $20,000 truck, my Delta 88 I only bring out to have fun in- and the Bonneville? It's still being planned.

And from owning my Chevy Caprice, from last year- I realize the gas mileage even on a carbed 305, than my truck's motor is still... WAY better, like even with the fuel injected 6.0L 🙃😂😂😂

Whether or not, that is because of spark plugs or wires, is another story.

However, for $1500- with a running engine, the gear ratio and transmission? I am ok with that. And over the summer, I will get this back on the road.

However- with the rust on it- it may take some time, I have a mechanic who will look past lots for me, as he knows I am a young guy getting into these cars- but he won't sign it off if it's too rough.

So, I will be doing, as much work as I can- to replace any rusted parts, with ones that are in a lot better condition.

6EEF8F7D-215F-4C38-928A-DB3E95D1F901.jpeg

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
The story behind this vehicle, is it was owned by a company in Toronto.

One of the executives, had bought it and his wife registered it in her name.

She owned it up until 2016 or so and that is when the guy who sold it to me, bought it off the car lot he had worked at.

He had welded the drivers side frame, to have it pass safety. Afterwards, he removed the CAT- and welded in a dual exhaust pipe system, from I believe what was a T/A from the 1980's.

It was driven then for around 2 years, before the vehicle was taken off the road, as he was caught by the Ministry of Environment, back when Ontario still had emissions- it was found to have the EGR disconnected, the AIR pump was no longer installed, there was a bypassed PCV valve- and of course, mufflers were removed.

The car was moments later towed by police, and he was fined several thousand dollars, and had to go to court.

He then, parked it and it has sat on his farm since- that is, until I saw it online for sale.

What had me interested, was the paint color. I always wanted this or green when I used to see these cars, growing up in Alberta in the late 90's and early 2000's 😎❤️❤️❤️

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
This will be my dream fleet for a long time, so I will be slowing down on buying more projects, as I have to move and have a small bit of land, as storage can get expensive too 🙃🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• 3902695B-C6D9-4175-9C64-8FD33A2639B3.jpeg
    3902695B-C6D9-4175-9C64-8FD33A2639B3.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 53
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Cool story, bro???

I think.

I mean, it sucks to go through all what you have had to in order to end up with this car, but this is a prime example of what setting attainable goals can do for one's perseverance. Good job.

Glad it's working out for you. Although I completely was taken aback by the "wrong" engine in your car. I'm so used to looking at the U.S. version with a 307 instead of 305 it took me a little by surpise when I saw it. Looks like it needs to come out anyway for at least a freshen up trip to the "spa".

• Love

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Congrats man, way to keep pushing through everything you got going on and finding the best of a bad situation. Says a lot about you, these days a lot of people give up over a lot less. Looking forward to you making little touches to make it yours while you fix up her other flaws

• Love
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Looks clean for Ontario. What year is it and what drive train? It looks like a non CCC factory 305, so 85 or older? Is it a 200C 3 spd or 2004R trans? Nothing wrong with being a tradesman, good move and good luck on the new career.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
You may not be tough skinned enough for the trades, cool car though

Reactions: 1 user

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Cool story, bro???

I think.

I mean, it sucks to go through all what you have had to in order to end up with this car, but this is a prime example of what setting attainable goals can do for one's perseverance. Good job.

Glad it's working out for you. Although I completely was taken aback by the "wrong" engine in your car. I'm so used to looking at the U.S. version with a 307 instead of 305 it took me a little by surpise when I saw it. Looks like it needs to come out anyway for at least a freshen up trip to the "spa".
Thank you, I don't usually talk about my personal issues on the forums here- but I figured some context, might help explain how everything came together.

And for sure haha, I did want the 307 for MPG reasons as thats the plan with this build- but the 305 is good also 😭😭😭👌

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Congrats man, way to keep pushing through everything you got going on and finding the best of a bad situation. Says a lot about you, these days a lot of people give up over a lot less. Looking forward to you making little touches to make it yours while you fix up her other flaws
Thank you, I appreciate the kind words and for sure, it will be nice 😎💪💪💪

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor