Olds rallye pack questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA
I'm going to be replacing my sweep cluster with the Rallye Pack and have a few questions. I know I have to re-arrange the wiring in the connector. That part looks pretty straight forward.
1 is a tach filter necessary? I'm using a Jegs SSR distributor with external coil(Same as Pertronix Flame Thrower) Basically has anyone done the swap without a filter and had a smooth operating tach?

2, Does the transmission range indicator from the sweep cluster fit the Rallye cluster?

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
I did this some time ago. I know for me I needed no filter with the stock set-up. Just the pin change and needed to solder the V-6/8 selector pin to stop the erratic tach.

Question 2 I'm not sure on, I think they came with and without shift indicator from factory, so I assume if your pack has that, it would work....if you are looking to refit the one from the sweep pack, it might get a little involved, if it can be done at all....

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA
Thanks. I don't think my ignition has any noise. The radio is an AM only unit and I get no interference. Chances are I'll be ok on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor