Olds ticket to 9s... LS swap adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Dual fuel rails!

I've always wondered why people don't do that more. 36lb or something small on the main side and garden hoses for the high boost stuff.

I was thinking a small set for a meth direct port or second fuel system for race fuel.

Either way, it adds some cool options for later.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
9 Benjamin's for a cage - OMG!@!! I paid $265 for mine in February. I was too cheap to pay the $100 shipping for the 3 hour ride and went and picked it up. I'll admit that I feel bad for the north of border bunch - that's BS.

I'm not sold on the fuel rails though. With those you'll need two completely separate fuel systems. I'd prefer to lose some trunk space and add a couple of shutoff valves to swap tanks.

p.s. - did you ever pull the suspect rod?

Reactions: 3 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
9 Benjamin's for a cage - OMG!@!! I paid $265 for mine in February. I was too cheap to pay the $100 shipping for the 3 hour ride and went and picked it up. I'll admit that I feel bad for the north of border bunch - that's BS.

I'm not sold on the fuel rails though. With those you'll need two completely separate fuel systems. I'd prefer to lose some trunk space and add a couple of shutoff valves to swap tanks.

p.s. - did you ever pull the suspect rod?

Im all fairness I went 0.080 wall Chro-moly, It was only a couple hundred more for the upgrade, is stronger and shaves off like 40-50lbs. Didn't need it but....

Getting it here was 1/3 of the cost, but compared to a local Quote of $4000 (Maybe) it was a steal.

With the fuel rails I have some options, my 4303 is external and can feed everything the current turbo can make, so it could be the second system. Unfortunately I have to make some other changes (Dominator ECU/ Separate Injector driver $$$o_O ) before I can go that way. The Price for dual injector setup was almost NIL and I could swap injector plugs/ Load kill tune at the track for full send mode right now.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Swapping of injector plugs I didn't foresee. I assumed you were going to wire in 2 full sets of injectors. I'm considering the two tank setup presently. $1000 of injectors to handle E85 has me disappointed lol. I'll be making a winter decision on injectors after seeing how the C16 works out.

Doesn't the Chro-moly have to be tig'd or am I confused?

Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Swapping of injector plugs I didn't foresee. I assumed you were going to wire in 2 full sets of injectors. I'm considering the two tank setup presently. $1000 of injectors to handle E85 has me disappointed lol. I'll be making a winter decision on injectors after seeing how the C16 works out.

He has a fancy new tig machine.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017

I need a separate injector driver and to upgrade to a dominator to run 16 sequential injectors. Unfortunately not anywhere near the current budget. Then it would be wired in and tuned, with all kinds of options. With the HP currently I don't have any options that don't eat all the outputs I need. So swapping plugs and tunes is my only current option.

Get a set of matched Bosch 210s. Or maybe talk to Brad at Snakeeater about his new genuine Bosch body injectors. Return yours for an upgrade?

Ya, Chro-moly is tig only but I can do that at home.

And sorry, but no rod out yet. Shipped off to work and didn't get it done. I'll be home Wednesday next week and then it'll be motor building madness.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Can't wait for the engine build to begin and to see the tig welding of cage
Nice fall/winter project

Reactions: 1 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Btw I have one of those notch measuring tools if you need it. I was selling but I'd give it to you as a donation to your build.

• Friendly
  • Wow

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Can't wait for the engine build to begin and to see the tig welding of cage
Nice fall/winter project

Btw I have one of those notch measuring tools if you need it. I was selling but I'd give it to you as a donation to your build.

Man, I'm hoping I get some good news about work tomorrow and I'll have time to get most of this done soon.... Work has really been holding my progress back.

That's a very generous offer, and I greatly appreciate it, but let me get this assessed before you decide to ship me anything.

Reactions: 2 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
And so it begins.

20201001_064136.jpg

• Love
  • Winner
Reactions: 10 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor