Oldsmobile 307 roller engine valve cover gaskets

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexW121

n00b
Nov 9, 2021
Hi there. Looking for some help in finding some valve cover gaskets for my 307 oldsmobile roller motor. The motor is a 1985 and yes, has the roller cam. Looks like it only has 5 bolt holes in the valve cover, but I can only find the common 10 bolt valve cover gaskets (photo below) was wondering if anyone has a specific part number for these, or if the 10 bolt gaskets also work on this ol 307. Thanks for the help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220511-173027_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220511-173027_Samsung Internet.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 68
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yes, the 10 bolt will also work and are the only ones available. You can actually drill your 5 bolt covers for 10 bolts. I prefer this style of gasket.

Reactions: 1 user

AlexW121

n00b
Nov 9, 2021
Hi there. Looking for some help in finding some valve cover gaskets for my 307 oldsmobile roller motor. The motor is a 1985 and yes, has the roller cam. Looks like it only has 5 bolt holes in the valve cover, but I can only find the common 10 bolt valve cover gaskets (photo below) was wondering if anyone has a specific part number for these, or if the 10 bolt gaskets also work on this ol 307. Thanks for the help
Edit*** also if anyone has the tourqe specs for the valve cover that would be great

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
8 lbs/ft, or 70 inch-lbs.

Factory only had 5 bolts. They didn't use gaskets from the factory. They used gasket making compound goo. The stuff dries up and cracks then subsequently leaks out 4 quarts a minute it seems when it does let go.

The gaskets you buy over the counter anywhere fit, however. And they will be 10-hole versions. You can get various brands that are cork, or rubber, or rubber with reinforcement in them, and fiber types too. I personally don't like non-reinforced cork as it squishes out pretty easy.

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor