Oldsmobile 350 Dual Exhausts in a 80 G Body El Cam!no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldscarnut

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2017
NW Washington State
I had mine custom made for $500 on my regal. I have the thorton 350 jrs on my 350
Custom pipes look awesome also

I had bought that jegs gbody system and its sitting in my garage. Im trying to sell it right now. Night and day from custom pipes

That is good to know. I had that earmarked so I will skip them and bite the bullet. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I think the main difference you'll see between a "bolt on, cat back" vs a custom exhaust is mandrel bend vs kinked tubing. If you're not after every last ounce of Go Juice, the kinks in a custom system won't matter. There's also material choice- SS or aluminized.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I will take a pic today. The Ramair Restorations downpipes are manderal bent and look very nice. Pypes also offers some but there have been issues with fitment lately, including their Olds downpipes. I assume you have the early manifolds which all the down pipes are designed for, as the passenger outlet angle is different vs later manifolds.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
20190412_074531.jpg
20190412_074550.jpg

Oldscarnut

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2017
NW Washington State
I think the main difference you'll see between a "bolt on, cat back" vs a custom exhaust is mandrel bend vs kinked tubing. If you're not after every last ounce of Go Juice, the kinks in a custom system won't matter. There's also material choice- SS or aluminized.

Mine will be a driver/cruiser not a strip burner, so a little ding here or there does not bother.

Oldscarnut

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2017
NW Washington State
I will take a pic today. The Ramair Restorations downpipes are manderal bent and look very nice. Pypes also offers some but there have been issues with fitment lately, including their Olds downpipes. I assume you have the early manifolds which all the down pipes are designed for, as the passenger outlet angle is different vs later manifolds.

Thank you! Man that is a lot of cutting and welding :friday: I can cut, just cannot weld...and don't know anyone that can so I would end up in a shop anyway! Nearest shop to me is 25 miles and they want to put everything back to stock.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I am not a great welder either. I got the guy at Minute Muffler in Yorkton, Saskatchewan to bend and weld the down pipes in 2.5". He balked at the 2.5" size but did a good job. The hump position on the crossmember is also different between A and G bodies.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
That would be referring to the '77 & older right? The only difference would be the TH200 4R crossmember having to be back farther.
Yes, compared to my 70 Cutlass, the system off my G body fit it well except it hit the inner edge of the hump at the X pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor