Oldsmobile 98

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2020
Hey im new to all this online stuff but i figured it try this out an see if i can find some answers an check some other builds out, i have 2 G bodys, one is a 1983 oldsmobile 98 regency brougham i purchaced for 500 dollers, the frame, body, motor an trany is mint just looking to clean it up with some bolt ons maybe, The other is a 1982 buick electra. My reson for joining mainly was to see if anyone knows what the bigest rim i can fit on the olds without cuting into the body or spending a whole lot of money making it fit thanks.

Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Hey im new to all this online stuff but i figured it try this out an see if i can find some answers an check some other builds out, i have 2 G bodys, one is a 1983 oldsmobile 98 regency brougham i purchaced for 500 dollers, the frame, body, motor an trany is mint just looking to clean it up with some bolt ons maybe, The other is a 1982 buick electra. My reson for joining mainly was to see if anyone knows what the bigest rim i can fit on the olds without cuting into the body or spending a whole lot of money making it fit thanks.
Welcome to the site! Sounds like nice rides, but before you get heckled to death, your two rides are classified as C bodies, not G bodies, but i'm sure you will find some help here just the same, again WELOCME! And pictures!?

Will

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Welcome to the site but your big girls are B's not G's. We still have love for them here as other members own their own B's. But we have a sister site specific to the B-body, https://bbodyforum.com/, so stop over there as someone over there may have the info you need for the big rollers. Don't be a stranger & keep visiting, we may even talk you into adding an actual G to the fleet. ;)
EDIT: saw the post before mine & forgot about the C-bodies. :doh:Since your generation is very close to the B-body they should still be able help.

Reactions: 2 users
Nov 24, 2020
Okay awsome thank you both for your help ill check the other forums out, i just got theese cars not long ago and clearly dont know much hahaha, i have a few pics ill post

Attachments

• IMG_20201122_122121_849.jpg
    IMG_20201122_122121_849.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 20201122_102019.jpg
    20201122_102019.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 125
  • Snapchat-568497684.jpg
    Snapchat-568497684.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot_20201124-094712.png
    Screenshot_20201124-094712.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 128
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Welcome, while those cars are big, I find them better built with less rot issues than the G bodies. I owned a 81 Delta 88 4 door for years. I put over 400,000 km on that car. My parents bought that car $500 from the original owner, a ton of basic maintenance receipts, no really major work. Are you talking like 24 or 26 inch rims? I would think a 30" total tire would fit. The wheel skirts will make putting a wider tire in more difficult.

Nov 24, 2020
Welcome, while those cars are big, I find them better built with less rot issues than the G bodies. I owned a 81 Delta 88 4 door for years. I put over 400,000 km on that car. My parents bought that car $500 from the original owner, a ton of basic maintenance receipts, no really major work. Are you talking like 24 or 26 inch rims? I would think a 30" total tire would fit. The wheel skirts will make putting a wider tire in more difficult.
Well im looking for the largest that will fit, my guess would be 24" but not sure if the front wheels would catch the fender in a turn, if the skirt is in the way i could unclip it or do some home body work, its not what anybody wants to here but im doing sort of a joke build, big rims, air bags, chain steering wheel, tint, fuzy dash an lots more haha just gonna have fun with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor