Oldsmobile Fender to Radiator Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

G Cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2022
My 1987 Oldsmobile came with the stock tiny 1/4inch thick rods tying the core support to the fenders. I've heard of many people using the ticker 1986 Pontiac Grand Prix fender to radiator support rods to stiffen up the front end of their G Bodies, in not sure how much these rods actually do but they do look good when they are thicker.

I was looking online for set and couldn't find them anywhere for a G body, I've seen a few reproduction ones for A Bodies but I'm not sure those would fit. So while perusing my local Pick n Pull I stumbled across a 1985 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser and behold it had 3/4 inch support bars. I wasn't sure they were going to fit but for $7.99 I had to try.

They sorta fit on my cutlass, they were a bit longer then the stock ones and I was afraid I might have to drill new holes, but once I bolted them to the fenders the front half lined up with the header panel bracket. I had to remove some of the clip nuts around but was able to get them to fit without having to drill anything.

Attachments

• _NAL9495.jpg
    12.2 MB · Views: 89
  • _NAL9497.jpg
    15.3 MB · Views: 76
  • _NAL9499.jpg
    14.6 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5107.JPG
    IMG_5107.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor