OldsRocketParts

Status
Not open for further replies.

83hrstolds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 9, 2018
Has anyone even used the website oldsrocketparts.com? Their inventory is focused specifically towards performance oldsmobile parts. They sell top end kits which include edelbrock 7111 intake port matched to included aluminum heads, along with a cam and pushrods etc. The heads themselves are cheaper than edelbrock ones and can be bought with 69cc chambers more suited for sbo as opposed to the 77cc edelbrock ones. I have called and talked to the owner on the phone and he seems very knowledgeable about olds engines. More specifically i was looking towards purchasing a top end kit from there for my soon to be build monster 350 :). Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge or past experience with this company. Any info is welcome!

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I've seen some stuff on Olds forums about him. He allegedly used to work for Mondildo (Paso Robles). There are plenty of other reputable Olds vendors besides those 2 clowns. I'll run them down for you in no particular order:
-BTR Performance in Rochester, NY (wrote the book)
-Mark Remmel in FL, goes by cutlassefi on here
-John Stolpa at Rocket Racing in WI
-Dick Miller Racing KY(?)
-Bernard Mondello Racing in Corona, CA
-Andy Miller of Olds Performance Parts in NJ

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

83hrstolds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 9, 2018
Have the things you’ve seen on the olds fourms been positive about him? trying to get a feel on wether i should spend the extra cash and mill down edelbrock heads to desired compression or save a bit and try his out.

Last edited:

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I'll put this as politely as I can: MPP Paso Robles has a HORRIBLE reputation; I've been hosed by them personally. I wouldn't give this guy the time of day based on his affiliation alone. I gave you plenty of options; why are you hellbent on this guy?

Reactions: 1 user

83hrstolds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 9, 2018
I checked out a few of those other venders, don’t see many other head options. They seem a bit pricey for my standards. I think it was rocket racing that was more focused on custom blocks and parts. At this point i don’t think i’m in need of a nascar block :D

83hrstolds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 9, 2018
It’s just the only one i’ve looked heavily into so far and was originally what my first post was about. I’ll definitely look into your other suggestions in the near future, and i really appreciate your honest opinion on him before i buy.

83hrstolds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 9, 2018
Get a set of ProComps from Bernard or Mark. They get the bare castings, check them thoroughly, and build to suit.

You have been warned........
Thanks for the recommendation, i’ll look as soon as i get a chance.

83hrstolds

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 9, 2018
I can’t quite find a website to look at the procomp heads. Do you know one off the top of your head?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor