On the 'mildly' Cheap SS Monte Carlo chasing a 9.0____(oil pan woes)

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
It's on a zipper, right?
The spare is ready. Zipper? 4 hours to swap.

I'm getting to be an old man - I might need help.

I'm planning to have two spares ready to go - a 3rd gen 4.8 and a 4th gen 6.0. We'll see where I head.

Might've stumbled into 250K 4th gen 4.8 today for free.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
We'll see

Feeling Old Season 8 GIF by The Simpsons

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Skinnies !!
F31E6B6F-5586-44ED-8647-F2AA9B33C24D.jpeg
6E86B013-EBBF-4EA3-9F57-9829A55CC9D0.jpeg

want to thank a local guy for the tire selection and sending me the link to the wheels. It’s looks faster already lol.
I did make it to the track last night, wow, bad, puke, awful. My chinesium/Amazon trans cooler fan gave up which is in the same circuit as my line lock. So awful burnout, terrible launch, then can’t get the trans temp down between runs - smh.

But onto next time.

Reactions: 7 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Skinnies !! View attachment 178635 View attachment 178636

want to thank a local guy for the tire selection and sending me the link to the wheels. It’s looks faster already lol.
I did make it to the track last night, wow, bad, puke, awful. My chinesium/Amazon trans cooler fan gave up which is in the same circuit as my line lock. So awful burnout, terrible launch, then can’t get the trans temp down between runs - smh.

But onto next time.
What's that black stuff on the quarters? :unsure:

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Better hit up the rattle can isle and paint the primer spots!

Full on race car now!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Really trying to get a number, then put it down to paint it proper.

After this past weekend of disaster, I’m holding off on the paint for a week or two lol.

Reactions: 3 users

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
I bought a set of the Pro street radials from Amazon and they turned out to be M/T 2nd's that M/T discarded - they took over 15 oz to balance. Fortunately, I was able to return them for a refund and found a friend with a set of Street S/S in stock never installed, and needed the money. He sold them to me for $400.

Something to keep in mind, 10 years ago the Street S/S radial was all that was offered and the X275 guys were running sub 5 second 1/8's on them. The Pro Street's came out after that. The issue with the Pro Streets is that they are like ice skates on a wet road where as the ET Street S/S's can handle a wet road. For a track only car, the Pro Streets are better, but at my level I ask how much? I don't think ET Street tire is my issue - it's my tune. Your issue is probably the same - you have to cut the crap out of the timing to cut power to get it to launch.

The solution is a bias ply if you never drive on the street, but who does that?

wingnutks I believe he is running a bias ply and he's gettin' it done on the hit. I'd like to know his entire setup for shocks, tires, pressure, timing, etc.
Nope. I am running a Hoosier Radial Slick https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hoo-18815. I havent tried a bias ply on the street. However the Hoosier radial slick is probably as close as you can get to a bias ply still being a radial. Sorry for the late reply. I have the cheaper Viking shocks in the rear with some type of either gbody lowering spring or a stock A body spring. I run them 20psi at the track and the street. Front shocks are some blown lakewood 90/10s and I think 6 cylinder springs. I also have TRZ spherical heims on everything in the rear, and a TRZ weld in anti-roll bar set neutral. When I went to the track I set the shocks at basically 50/50 in the rear.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Nope. I am running a Hoosier Radial Slick https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hoo-18815. I havent tried a bias ply on the street. However the Hoosier radial slick is probably as close as you can get to a bias ply still being a radial. Sorry for the late reply. I have the cheaper Viking shocks in the rear with some type of either gbody lowering spring or a stock A body spring. I run them 20psi at the track and the street. Front shocks are some blown lakewood 90/10s and I think 6 cylinder springs. I also have TRZ spherical heims on everything in the rear, and a TRZ weld in anti-roll bar set neutral. When I went to the track I set the shocks at basically 50/50 in the rear.
Thanks for the reply. After this past weekend I'm clutching at straws. But I'm learning every time out.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor