On the 'mildly' Cheap SS Monte Carlo chasing a 9.0____(anything less than 9.1)

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
And I should mention that it now actually has tone on mild acceleration that sounds like something other than than a pig being slaughtered.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Only new part was the flange lol. Everything is used or left over cutoffs from previous builds.
Still loud but about 20 decimals quieter in the car when cruising.

It’s approx 20% reduction in exhaust flow from 4” to 2 2.5” pipes. I can see it getting yanked off when I want to make maximum go, but OMG is better driving the car. My kid convinced me cut them at an angle to match the body - it was good advice.
2 2.5" is a little better than a 3" tube and Holdener proved it only made a difference above 700crank. At 840ish it was like 50hp lost. Minor.
And I should mention that it now actually has tone on mild acceleration that sounds like something other than than a pig being slaughtered.
You mean the sound of freedom being unleashed?

Day America GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Still need a city horn that works. But got the center caps from Summit today. Junior cleaned the wheels and installed them.
BTW - he painted the car with the 100+mph rated speed rated paint lol.
I’ll grab some pics of it - there’s a reason I love him other than that he’s my son - he took a POS and made it beyond respectable.

Hoping that sometime in the next week I can pay him back with a 145 mph test on his paint.

I believe I’m as ready as possible for Drag Week.

Attachments

• B401C81E-C923-402A-B1B7-B6D12EAA3AD1.jpeg
    B401C81E-C923-402A-B1B7-B6D12EAA3AD1.jpeg
    955.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Not even sure that's the same car!

Good luck on the trip next week! If everything goes according to plan I'll be spectating in Byron Thursday!

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Only new part was the flange lol. Everything is used or left over cutoffs from previous builds.
Still loud but about 20 decibals quieter in the car when cruising.

It’s approx 20% reduction in exhaust flow from 4” to 2 2.5” pipes. I can see it getting yanked off when I want to make maximum go, but OMG is better driving the car. My kid convinced me cut them at an angle to match the body - it was good advice.

Couldn't be bothered to add a resonator, eh?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN

In the US we say 'what' instead of 'eh' but same difference

As in whoever is going to be in the car is going to be shouting 'what' at the other person when they try talking to each other. :p

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Still need a city horn that works. But got the center caps from Summit today. Junior cleaned the wheels and installed them.
BTW - he painted the car with the 100+mph rated speed rated paint lol.
I’ll grab some pics of it - there’s a reason I love him other than that he’s my son - he took a POS and made it beyond respectable.

Hoping that sometime in the next week I can pay him back with a 145 mph test on his paint.

I believe I’m as ready as possible for Drag Week.
Damn! Looks great!

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Huh? Why would I do such a thing?? ;)

Kidding aside, it's quiet enough. It is truly a bunch quieter than it was previously.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

I truly regret not being able to hang out with Bob and Jake longer. I would've liked to make a bunch passes at Byron. But hoods were in out future and we just didn't have the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor