On the 'mildly' Cheap SS Monte Carlo chasing a 9.0____(oil pan woes)

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Good to see the car is up and running in time for race season! Hope to see it getting some time slips shortly.

What's the goal for this year? Consistent 8's?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Good to see the car is up and running in time for race season! Hope to see it getting some time slips shortly.

What's the goal for this year? Consistent 8's?
I’d love to see consistent 8’s, but I’m a realist as well. It should, but the crackpot behind the wheel has to be able to be just as consistent and I feel that’s a tall order 😉

I’m going to participate in several no prep races early in the season (no time and no Dragy) with the goal being to not be a 1st round duck. Again though, lots of dialing in is going to be needed. My expectations are not real high. Hopefully after I can manage 4-5 passes with chassis adjustments I think I can be competitive in the class I’m running. Time will tell. I’ll try to post a screenshot of the rules.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Reactions: 1 user

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
The other part is hood open or closed as to air restrictions, and how the air moves over the car at speed. I dyno my engine on the stand and then just make sure its not hurting itself in the car. I don't really chase it much in the car. I make sure its rich enough to not go lean in the cool weather and just let it slow down when its hot.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor