Ontario Cancels Emissions testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
No e-checks is good news. 👍. Good luck on the no front plates too.

Here in Ohio, classic cars no longer require front plates. Didn't even know that until I got plates ( plate... ) for my 78 this year. It was a pleasent suprise!

I wonder how active the Ministry of the Environment Folks will be now. Drive Clean may be finished, but there are still emission regulations here, and they've been more active in enforcing them over the past few years. Still could be money in the government's pocket.

No e-checks is good news. 👍. Good luck on the no front plates too.

Here in Ohio, classic cars no longer require front plates. Didn't even know that until I got plates ( plate... ) for my 78 this year. It was a pleasent suprise!

this is why I don't get a historic plate....we have the same rules here in Ontario

"unlike standard car registrations, historical plates and registrations do not authorize the driver to operate his or her vehicle for personal routine transportation. Vehicles with vintage car tags in OH can only be used as collector’s items put on displays during exhibitions, parades and other similar educational events or to drive to and from service stations. "

I heard that and it's good news, maybe we should start the push to get rid of the front license plates
No front plate or emissions testing here, sweet indeed.

this is why I don't get a historic plate....we have the same rules here in Ontario

"unlike standard car registrations, historical plates and registrations do not authorize the driver to operate his or her vehicle for personal routine transportation. Vehicles with vintage car tags in OH can only be used as collector’s items put on displays during exhibitions, parades and other similar educational events or to drive to and from service stations. "
Those are pretty much universal rules everywhere with Historic or Antique plates. Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone that I break the law!

• Wow
  • Agree
Reactions: axisg and pontiacgp
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor