CHEVY Open Source 3D Printed Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2015
Good afternoon! after re-wiring much under the hood under my 84 monte carlo SS, it is time to start fixing QOL issues. With gas prices astronomically low, and armed with my mechanical engineering design skills, and after selling GV lip duct adapters for Miatas on Etsy with much success, I will be uploading free, open source, 3D printable parts for your G body! This is my best efforts to preserve history and be sure years to come our children and grandchildren can re-produce these parts for our cars when the old ones crumble to dust.

Design style: I am keeping as much stock components and retro feel as possible while still adding new features found in many new cars today.

Current free models:
1987 Monte Carlo SS Body
81-88?? Monte carlo ss shifter cover (OLD 3D MODEL - needs fixing)

UPLOAD LOCATION: https://grabcad.com/kscustoms-1/models

Upcoming models:

Armrest cover lid - printing the final iteration now for testing. Upload is immenent based on results of fit test.
armrest-cover.PNG

Cupholder - Just a concept for now. How should I arrange cups and compartments?
cupholder-can.PNG

Reactions: 7 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Wish I knew how to 3d print, this is awesome.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

rnhart3

n00b
Sep 5, 2011
Milford, CT
I work at a high school, and the engineering dept. has made me several small parts for my cars/trucks. Visor clip/retainer for my Tahoe, some discontinued plastic for some cars, misc other items. The instructor is always looking for ideas for the students, and it seems he searches me out to see if I need anything. Great for me, great for them. Has worked out well, haven't been disappointed yet!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor