OPG Monte Carlo Door hinges on Cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevytruc1658

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2011
North Bend, Washington
Does anyone know if the Door Hinges being sold by OPG will fit a cutlass? The website says they only fit Monte Carlo, Elkie, and Malibu. They look the same and I’ve seen other sites that advertise their hinges to fit both Cutlass and Monte so I’m assuming they are the same?

Attachments

• 31FABBF4-6C49-4B34-BB23-A4DDF8C10DD3.png
    31FABBF4-6C49-4B34-BB23-A4DDF8C10DD3.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 149

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The hinges will work, they are the same. Just keep in mind that with the aftermarket it seems like nothing fits a Cutlass including Cutlass parts.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Chevytruc1658

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2011
North Bend, Washington
The hinges will work, they are the same. Just keep in mind that with the aftermarket it seems like nothing fits a Cutlass including Cutlass parts.
Thanks. Yea Just dealt with that with installation a new fuel tank. That did not want to fit. Any recommendations on any aftermarket hinges that might fit better?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Thanks. Yea Just dealt with that with installation a new fuel tank. That did not want to fit. Any recommendations on any aftermarket hinges that might fit better?
Most likely the same place is making the hinges for all venders. Only other options will be pricey NOS or new pins & bushings in the ones you have.

Reactions: 2 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
I would say that the OPG catalog for el camino, malibu, and regal have more things that will fit a cutlass than you realize. As pagrunt said they always list this stuff as doesnt fit a cutlass to the point that i wonder how my cutlass parts fit my cutlass. A ton of the stuff that will work with the other gbodys will work for the cutlass main difference is body panels all the other stuff was picked from a tub on the assembly line.

Reactions: 5 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I even replaced my Elco hinges with ones from a Cutlass 4 door. All the front door hinges are the same.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor