Opinion on Interior

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutlass383

Master Mechanic
Nov 24, 2009
Oklahoma City
hello gents, was wondering if the color of this interior match the same color in the 84 Hurst/olds. Looking to buy the vinyl seats, but im not 100% sure its the same color. I haven't seen them in person yet just looking for advice before making the trip? if not anyone interested in the interior?

Attachments

• cutlass.PNG
    cutlass.PNG
    520.1 KB · Views: 211

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
hello gents, was wondering if the color of this interior match the same color in the 84 Hurst/olds. Looking to buy the vinyl seats, but im not 100% sure its the same color. I haven't seen them in person yet just looking for advice before making the trip? if not anyone interested in the interior?
YES!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Unsure of the sun fading or any other situation with it (dye colors differ slightly from batch to batch) so it may not be exact match, but it should be a Dark Maple same as the 84 H/O. It's an 84 in your pic more than likely based on the dash. That briar brown is a weird color in the right light mimics Dark Maple, so you have to watch out for that. But it sure looks like Dark Maple to me.

If the trunklid is still there ask them to look on the Service Parts ID label (SPID) for a 77 code. Could be 77I or 779, etc. The 77 code is for Dark Maple which will be a match to the H/O.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
As long as it's a '81, '83 or '84 with a 77 code for the interior it's good. Note for '82 77 code interior, it's a different shade called Dark Redwood that in my opinion had more of a brown hue than Dark Maple has but would work as a close match.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
It’s an 82.....dammm it!!!!! They are in good shape too. No rips. The back seat is mint.
Don't sweat it. If you're planning to grab front & rears just do it. Most average people will not notice the hue difference. I used a '82 dash in my '81 for years cause I couldn't find a Dark Maple dash. I never noticed the difference until I started working with mixing automotive paints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor