Opinion: Setting mileage on restored cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Our wagon was reset to zero in Kansas (due to the restoration) and sold to us with "500" miles on it. This was apparently on the up-and-up in that state (and was reflected on the title and BOS), and Ontario had no issue accepting it as such.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I've recently installed new Guages for my restomod Monte SS and I'll need to set the odometer within 100 miles. Original odometer had 95k before I tore into the car 10 years ago. I've since swapped a 6.0L w/ 25k and swapped a refreshed frame in. On one hand I like that the car has 95k of "experience", on the other, there are more new parts than original at this point. Just curious to see some opinions.

who is the say you didn't put 5k on the car and the odometer just turned over to 00,000.......:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor