Opinions and ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjones

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 6, 2019
So I'm new to the forum thing but here it goes. I have a 85 monte carlo ss that's swapped with a lq9 and a 4l80e transmission behind that the motor was a carb set up but I switched to fuel injected I want to make 430-450rwhp I have cam, heads, intake and longtube headders, with 2.5in exshast just wanna know if I'll be in the ballpark range of the rwhp Im looking for and if not what else could I do. And what are you guys thought on 1/4 mile times. Looking for everybody's knowledge and input much appreciated.
SPECS: 236/246 cam
4000 yank stall
373 rear end
1 ³/⁴ longtubes
799 heads
Tbss/nbss intake

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
In order to have 450rwhp you need 17% more hp at flywheel.

You started with 345 flywheel hp added afew hp so???

You'll need better heads and cam to get close to 450rwhp. Most guys are threwing turbos at them engines and calling it a day.

Kjones

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 6, 2019
In order to have 450rwhp you need 17% more hp at flywheel.

You started with 345 flywheel hp added afew hp so???

You'll need better heads and cam to get close to 450rwhp. Most guys are threwing turbos at them engines and calling it a day.

Kjones

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 6, 2019
Thanks for the reply and I should of put this in the post that I want to keep it N/A. I kind of knew 450 would be a long shot but I feel like with the set up I have and a bad*** tune I could be creepin up on the 430s. Idk I just need someone to bring me back to reality and give me an estimated hp number that this lq9 would crank out.

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
There are always arguments on the heads(799) your using, whether there worth running an what hp they add, after market heads come with big improvements and better airflow.

The cam, you could use more with better valve springs and a port job to the heads.

In my opinion, you'll be lucking to be getting flywheel hp of 430 with what you got. You want to keep it Na an get hp add a wet kit of Nitrous, there pretty solid engines. l have 1 LQ4 and 1 LQ9 only difference between them is domed piston.

There are more informational guys on the site than me an they will chime in at some point.

Reactions: 1 user

Kjones

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 6, 2019
Thanks for your input and yea hoping to hear from them to

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor