Opinions needed; body side molding yes or no

Status
Not open for further replies.

jduranso

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 8, 2011
My car came was built with black stick on body side moldings (listed as a $42.00 option on the window sticker) I just cant decide if I want them back on.
Here`s a picture of the car when I got it with the side moldings
normal_1_As_bought_2_%281%29.jpg

Here`s where It is now without the side moldings on
normal_GBF_1.JPG

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
IMO...the car looks much cleaner without them...they tend to detract from the lines. My car has them too, and I hardly notice them...till I see a clean cutlass w/out them and I wanna rip em off...lol~!

v2vera

G-Body Guru
Sep 13, 2010
in the Desert!
I cant make my mind up, In one pic (the one with moulding)_ the car looks a little dusty. On the other the car looks super clean even the wheels look like they have shine. Too hard to tell without both picks being identical except the moulding.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
without i think it looks cleaner

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
They do tend to serve a purpose. However, it's does looks cleaner without them.
When I first got my wagon. One of the first things I did was lose the side mouldings and ugly wide wheel opening mouldings.
Nice looking GP, by the way.

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
I say go without. Looks much cleaner....glad mine were already off when I got my cutty lol.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Keep it og, replace them,but change out inserts to the same color as your top.nice. :wink:

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston
go without, looks wayy better, i got rid of mine too

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor