options for brake upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

grand86prix_05

Apprentice
Mar 29, 2009
Chillicothe, OH
Today I took off a front wheel to see how it would be to put my front eibach springs on and I noticed my pads are nearly worn out. I wouldn't mind doing a few brake upgrades if possible so what kind of options are available, if any, for the front? I would look into it before swapping my pads.

Also, I am wanting to put disc's on the rear, what's the best way to go about this? I am planning to swap out the rear end at some point so if there is a rear end with disc's I could easily put in what would work best?

I have only done some mild research, but it doesn't seem to be easy to find much info on things like this, so any help would be great.

88LS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2012
grand86prix_05 said:
Today I took off a front wheel to see how it would be to put my front eibach springs on and I noticed my pads are nearly worn out. I wouldn't mind doing a few brake upgrades if possible so what kind of options are available, if any, for the front? I would look into it before swapping my pads.

Also, I am wanting to put disc's on the rear, what's the best way to go about this? I am planning to swap out the rear end at some point so if there is a rear end with disc's I could easily put in what would work best?

I have only done some mild research, but it doesn't seem to be easy to find much info on things like this, so any help would be great.

look at the balzer upgrade....

grand86prix_05

Apprentice
Mar 29, 2009
Chillicothe, OH
Did you mean blazer? I'll look into it, I am not looking for an aftermarket kit, I would like something I can get from the parts store kinda like how I went about with my mustang. Would this upgrade help with the rear disc option too?

Dr. Rudy

Greasemonkey
Mar 19, 2011
Pennsylvania
the blazer upgrade is putting the rear end from a blazer into the car basically, and since the second gen blazers had rear discs, you get disc brakes.

grand86prix_05

Apprentice
Mar 29, 2009
Chillicothe, OH
That sounds good, I found a write on it which looks mostly like the front swap which is perfect for what I'm looking for. Now as for the rear does it just bolt strait up? I don't have enough time right now to find that but so far this is exactly what I was wanting to know. Really appreciate it

grand86prix_05

Apprentice
Mar 29, 2009
Chillicothe, OH
Well been doing a little research in what spare time I have, some people say it'll bolt up but is it an 8.5 rear end? Some people said there are issues to doing this conversion. Also saw some people say something about a camaro or firebird rear end which I've considered looking into, but still would like to find something more definite to work and prefer a direct bolt in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor