Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppers

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2017
My 80 Malibu apparently had a sad history. Body and frame supports cut to fit speakers and now that I got under the camaro dash that was smushed in I find the HVAC system was totalled. So I pulled everything.
My donor car for this build is a 2000 buick regal supercharged. I've been tearing through the service manual and contacted zzp about the pcm.
The security system was trashed on the car. I pulled the bcm and all the wiring as well but there was no guarantee given if any bcm functions would work without rebuilding the security systems. Frankly I dont want them. I gave up trying to get the HVAC controls out of the regal. Far to much to take apart without breaking something.

What are some good aftermarket systems? I really only want fan and defrost with a heater core. Only time I use the ac in my daily is if I'm taking out of state trips. I'm a windows open guy.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
what are you doing to keep from hacking the firewall for the intake elbow on the back of the engine? only solution I've seen yet is to cut a hole in the firewall to keep from a hard degree turn....

peppers

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2017
Well I havent had the chance to go all out yet. The engine is getting a full size intercooler so I need to get all the parts together. The plan is i have a f body oil pan plus the w body oil pan. I'm going to make a step back sump. Move the engine forward on the mounts a few inches. That's the plan anyway

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
There's an elbow for the RWD Holdens in Australia to swing the TB around. I haven't looked into the fitment yet, but it looks like it'll run into the brake booster. A switch to manual brakes may fix this.
peppers, do you have the ignition key to the Regal donor? Post up a pic, and I can help a little.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Well I havent had the chance to go all out yet. The engine is getting a full size intercooler so I need to get all the parts together. The plan is i have a f body oil pan plus the w body oil pan. I'm going to make a step back sump. Move the engine forward on the mounts a few inches. That's the plan anyway
The F-body pan is pretty tight, and the pickup is in the middle of the pan rail which puts it at the front of the sump. Check my build thread for all the details.
The Lightning inlet looks like this:
1538391834790.png

May require clearancing the hood area...

peppers

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2017
I have the key to the regal, unfortunately the chip reader on the ignition cylinder just fell apart when I started taking apart the column. I plan on fabbing my own inlet. I'm about 70% my idea will work. It does involve some work on the case to bring it from 90* closer to 45* and mount the throttle body over top of the supercharger. Still in the planning phase but figured while I'm at it add a shaker or good scoop since someone drilled holes in the middle of my stock hood anyway for some aftermarket thing.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I have the key to the regal, unfortunately the chip reader on the ignition cylinder just fell apart when I started taking apart the column.
So, it has the pellet in the key shaft? If so, you're golden. Just measure it, duplicate with resistors, and install the resistor(s) across the purple/white and white/black 20ga. wires on the BCM. Give the BCM hot, ignition, and ground= done. I also read somewhere during my adventure that once it's started with the BCM, you can unplug it, and it will be disabled in the PCM. I left mine in, but did unplug it to see if it works and it did. I started it repeatedly with the BCM unplugged. I left it in just in case the battery died or some stupid sh*t out on the road. I didn't want to be crawling under the dash to mess with it.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor