Ordered new front brakes for my Taurus

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So I ordered my replacement front brakes for my Taurus from Oreilly's on line to get their discount but I have a feeling one of my calipers might be wrong.:blam:

IMG_20200701_201439648 (2).jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Who needs brakes? Wrap a chain to the tow hook, the other end to an anchor, and toss it out the window when you want to stop.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
One's for a Taurus, the other for a tortoise.
The faster one gets the dual piston....... you chose ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
The emergency brake is when the strut spring breaks and grabs the tire. If scap price goes up I will be junking my 2003 Sable. If you need something I might be able to hook you up. Probably be a couple months before I junk it though.

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The emergency brake is when the strut spring breaks and grabs the tire.
Yup, found that out last year in the middle of winter, shredded my brand new Michelin snow tire.

Reactions: 1 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I have always hated the looks of these cars, but to tell the truth. Mine has been one of the best cars I have ever owned. Reliable, comfortable, drives good,and easy to work on, but ugly. I gave up on driving it till it quit. It will rust in two before it will quit running.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Mine was a garage kept grandma car with 31,000 miles when I bought it in 08' for $3,000 fully loaded leather interior etc. it has been a good car it has the 3.0 DOHC and runs great other than replacing the front struts the only other thing that cost me money was having a new AC compressor installed and just basic maintenance stuff but it has been an outside car since I got it and it has the typical quarter rot and almost missing rockers at this point but it has been a good work car and beats having a car payment.

Reactions: 3 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I had one before it was replaced by my CVPI. My old Taurus was pretty good, but it did go through 3 steering gearboxes and the HVAC completely failed (no A/C or heat). However, the powertrain still ran fine except for a weird high idle every so often after braking. The glovebox hinge is a joke on these cars. There is a brake switch recall on these cars so make sure your Taurus has the updated switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor