Original cars and concepts h/o hood scoop seller

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Yah, there's a lot of rust in the front there that I'm going to guess is making that area like swiss cheese. The scoop would cover that area I believe. I'll go take some pics of my spare and do a measurement to see if it will assuredly fit. It seems it will, but measurements will tell the real story.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The scoop dimensions are approx. 25" x 25" roughly. the front of the scoop tapers to about 23" wide though. The studs taper in a bit too in the front. The rear outer stud to stud distance is about 18.5" roughly. About 16-17" or so on the front studs. The front to back center studs are approx. 17". There's about 4 inches or so from the scoop to the back of the hood. So if you measure your hole in the hood, HOPEFULLY the scoop will cover.

84 HO hood scoop bottom.JPG

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
NP. What I meant to say was there was approx. 4" from the back studs to the rear edge of the hood. Thus, if your hood hole doesn't extend to about 21" from the back of the hood, I think it might jsut cover it up.

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
Well I think with the measurements given, a factory Hurst olds scoop won't solve my issue. Time to buckle down and try to get up Money for a vfn hood like I originally wanted.. my wife had lost her job so I was looking for cheaper options but by the time I by a scoop, buy a hood, I will be probably money ahead to just start saving. Thanks to everyone for the information and pics
IMG_20190518_171716.jpg
IMG_20190518_171747.jpg

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Yeah, that hole's kind of big. You COULD get away with moving the scoop a couple inches to the front and if you had a steel plate in there you could drill and mount the scoop. It would definitely reach side to side.

But I hear you. If you want a VFN hood, save for it and don't fugg around. It'll give you incentive to fix it right. But make sure you're paying the bills and putting food on the table before buying a hood. Sorry about your wife losing her job. Hopefully she'll get a new one soon.

Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
The VFN hood is the best solution. Those twin flat scoops are Oldsmobile!! Just like cowl induction is Chevy (1st gen. Camaro) Good Hood Co. made the same style hood for the 88-99 GM fullsize C/K trucks and called it a 442 hood. It really made my 99 2 door Tahoe stand out. Depending on your wifes field/profession, my wife has always had a pretty easy time getting a new job and always better than the last one. Hopefully your state offers decent unemployment compensation till she lands a new job.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I stupidly cut a hole on my hood and used a Mustang scoop. Mine was fairly cheap. I have a 10" filter top with a washable filter in the stock air to make the 260 have forced air induction.
20190308_125920.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor