Original motor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve-R0828

Apprentice
Apr 16, 2019
I have figures out that the connection is not complete do to no relays so I'm gonna have to either get a whole harness from the junk yard or just take what I need and splice everything back in unless I can figure out which wires under the hood I can connect to get a reading all I'm looking for is to have the ecu think the key is just on acc so the fuel.level and temp gauge work at least

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
You don't need the ECU if it has been converted correctly. All you need is to have a carb and non-CCC distributor. The oil pressure sending unit can be hooked to the fuel pump relay, just NOT ON THE OUTPUT SIDE. It could be providing ground to the fuel pump relay coil. The reason for this is to not engage the fuel pump until the engine has sufficient oil pressure.
Educate yourself on how relays work and why they're used:
https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/relay-guide.html
http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/hweb2.pdf

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Steve-R0828

Apprentice
Apr 16, 2019
I do understand how they work THEY ARE NOT THERE!!!! the relays are and have been in the trash for a long time now so there is no hooking wires up to the relays all I have is a whole crap load of wires coming from the ecu and firewall so there connection is not complete so in other words the conversion was not done correctly it was done stupidly

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor