MONTE CARLO Original Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffin84ss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2017
Corinth Ky
Great job on the frame and chassis components everything looks great I have had my 84 for 5yrs now and not even that close although I have the same in mind as yours and never selling it. Welcome aboard from Kentucky keep the hard work up.!!

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the site. Nice car! Quite a project you're into with it. I have an SS similiar to yours. Its an '84 SS that was built in Arlington Texas in November of '83. White with the blue interior, and loaded except for power locks and positraction. I think you could only get a blue interior for the 1984 model year. My parents bought the car brand new in March of 1984. I got to sit in the car, on the showroom floor of the dealership before my parents signed the paperwork to buy it. My father passed away in the fall of 1987, and I bought the car from my mother in August of 1988, on the first anniversary of my father's birthday since his passing. Owned it ever since. Won't part with it. Still love the car.

Attachments

• DSCF1946.JPG
    DSCF1946.JPG
    810.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Awesome story, and looks like she is going to be getting some really nice stuff. My car started out as a white exterior as well

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Great story, thanks for sharing and for your service 🇺🇸

Always cool to hear the original owner stories. Sounds like some parts that I’ve used, the GW and Hotchkis stuff was more popular before so many others started making g-body components as the market and demand grew. I had 12” 1LE brakes on my SS for about 15 years, great stopping power, I didn’t notice an improvement vs the C5 stuff to be honest, for braking power alone.

Reactions: 1 users

SSPilot

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2018
Thanks to all for the kind welcoming words. I'll be posting up some progress updates soon.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard! It's always good to hear original owner stories. Nice ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor