Original Wiring 81 regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdigitty88

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2016
Good Morning,

So I searched and didn't find anyone addressing it.

I am doing a swap in a 81 regal that came with the v6. Motor, trans, headers are mounted fuel is ran.

Now it's time for the fun part wiring. I have a psi conversion harness for the engine but what do i do with original wiring? I want to keep the ac, wipers and lights of course.

Does any one have advise or the schematics?

vader87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 7, 2014
Not sure how the wiring is on an 81 but if you look at the firewall connector, it has 2 plugs. The closest to the fender should be all the lighting, wipers, horns etc. The side that is closet to the engine, you shouldn't need. I removed all that side of the plug completely on my swap.

Jdigitty88

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2016
I have most of it figured out.

Theirs two harnesses on a 81 regal drivers side and one on the passengers side. The one on the passengers side is all for the engine and emissions I got rid of the whole thing. The one from the drivers side has the wires for the body power and start signal, they have ring terminals on them.

I just have a few I need help with.
If someone can tell what these are for.

Attachments

• IMAG0261.jpg
    IMAG0261.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 268
  • IMAG0262.jpg
    IMAG0262.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 259

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I'll take a stab at it...

brmtyR.jpg

connector in the yellow circle goes to BAT terminal on HEI
connector in the orange circle looks to be for electric choke
connector in the blue circle looks to be alternator
connector in the green circle looks to be oil pressure switch
the connector to the right side I'm not certain on...

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Jdigitty88

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 4, 2016
Ok, Finally got it all sorted out. So yes all these weren't needed for the swap, ended up useing them for other thing I needed to run wires from the inside to the bay.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor