'Ot as 'ell, headliner fell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
And humid too. The whole wagon rear section came apart and started to take some of the front down too. It was done once and it only lasted about 12 years. Even the factory headliners lasted longer. And the shop that re-did it is long gone. Any breakthroughs besides taking it down and getting it re-covered with similar material. Indoor/outdooor carpet? At this stage I'm open to all options.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
1/4' wood and then spray a texture paint on it and finish with the color of your choice. ;)

I have always had good luck with thorough prep on the original board and using 3m adhesive with aftermarket foam backed headliner material.
If you go this route maybe install a heat barrier to the roof first before reinstalling the headliner.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Apr 9, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
I did mine with a Mexican saddle blanket. You can order a fabric to suit your style, but the process is the same.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I did mine with a Mexican saddle blanket. You can order a fabric to suit your style, but the process is the same.
Nice - as long as you like it, then it's great. The process and documentation of it is really appreciated.

I went for the lower budget approach, I bought 150 twist furniture tacks from Amazon and put the original back in. It's never noticed unless someone looks up.

I have a cage and I really wish I had the time when I was installing the cage to repair the headliner properly. But I didn't...............so I have tacks. They keep it in place and it really doesn't look bad. Perhaps someday I'll work at doing it properly, but for now - furniture twist tacks are for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor